Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cheesecake Supreme

This cheesecake is SO good - and easy too!  Seriously. Try it. It’s delish!

First, you must have a graham cracker crust.  I always make my own graham cracker crust, because I think it’s super easy and much better than the premade ones.  But -- whatever floats your boat.


Graham Cracker Crust


1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup of butter (about 3/4 of a stick)

05 22 10_0523 

Melt the butter, then mix together with graham cracker crumbs and sugar. 

05 22 10_0524

Press into the bottom of a spring form pan. (For this cheesecake, use a 10” pan if possible.)

05 22 10_0527

Now for the good part…

Cheesecake Supreme

5 (8 oz) packages of softened cream cheese
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/8 cup flour
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

05 22 10_0522

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, and egg yolks.  Mix until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients; blend until smooth.  Pour into spring form pan.

05 22 10_0528

Put into oven, then turn oven to 200 degrees.  (Do not preheat!)  Cook for 3 hours.  Let cool in oven for 1 hour with oven door cracked open.  Chill overnight.

  05 23 10_0576

Top with whatever you prefer! (I like mine plain.)

Note -- I got this recipe off allrecipes.com, but I used different cooking instructions than the ones listed because cooking it this way promised NO CRACKS in my cheesecake.  But, as you can see from the picture - big crack.  I am going to try to do it over a water bath next time I cook it, and we’ll see if I’m able to get it a perfect, crackless cheesecake.  Also, I used a 9 inch spring form pan and I should have used a 10 inch - my cheesecake rose up while it was in the oven and that is why I have that funny-looking little lip around the top of it.  Next time, I’ll use my 10 inch pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment